19 October 2009

(Insert City) to San Francisco!


A lot has happened regarding my B&B trip this past week, but I’ve been working overnights and therefore haven’t been in the coherent mental state necessary to write something that can be read by the masses. Not to mention one of my best friends flipped his motorcycle (don’t worry, he’s fine, just scraped up his face, but an idiot because that points out he wasn’t wearing his helmet), Notre Dame lost to USC, and the Lions were demolished by the Packers. Yup, it’s been a bit of a tough week, but I did get to see Tim Gunn (of Project Runway) putting on a fashion show at my mall.


Oh, and…P2SF!!

I was placed in the Providence to San Francisco route shortly after my first post and spent a bit of (meaning way too much) time mapping it out. However, I just talked to Vic and she was just placed in the Southern US route (which goes from Jacksonville, FL to San Fran). So, I’m going to try to switch trips. To be honest, I just looked at the SUS route and it sounds cooler. It hits a lot of places I’ve really wanted to go, like New Orleans, Dallas, Vegas, the Grand Canyon, and Napa, among others. Granted, I won’t get to ride through the Colorado Rockies like I wanted, it’s going to be hotter than the 9th level of Hell, and I am going to have to make another tedious map. I think it’s worth it, though. I may regret it. We’ll find out.

What I’m NOT looking forward to is something that the B&B crew is considering.
Bibs. Just the thought of it is bringing back haunting memories of the body image emotional distress felt by all (except Vic, who is leaner than Michael Jordan was in his prime) caused by the wetsuit fiasco in Wales. Granted, I can only assume my body will be as hard as rock (with veins popping out and everything) after all the training I’ll be doing, but it’s still tormenting.


I’ve also found out that we’ll be getting the
Giant Defy 2 (Triple). Not my first choice—the Gary Fisher AR Triple—but I suppose they probably know better than I, a novice rider who hadn’t even touched a bike since childhood until a few months ago. I just liked that bike because it looked nice. Probably not the best criteria, so I’ll just trust their judgement.
Speaking of bikes, it’s my day off so I’m heading to the shop to figure out measurements and look into gear. Especially a helmet, which I plan on wearing…take note, James.

By the way, the answer is yes, I will be using an absurd amount of Family Guy references/clips in this blog. And I promise my posts will be more interesting and witty once things actually start to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment