23 October 2009

Song, Song of the South


The route switcheroo is official. I’ll be gone, gone with the wind from Jacksonville, FL to San Francisco, CA. We’ll be stopping in 50 places along the way, in 11 states, and building for 10 days, in 6 cities, in 5 states. To see exactly where, feel free to check out my (new) route
map and/or the Bike & Build website.

Speaking of the Bike & Build website, I’ve taken my blog off of it. Just in case there’s anything (or anyone) on the trip that really grinds my gears. Not that I have anything (or anyone) to complain about at this moment. Well, that’s not true, I just realized the “Las Vegas” I’ll be stopping at is in New Mexico, not Nevada. I understand this was my fault and not theirs, but for people who are quickly looking over the list of over fifty destinations, an NM can easily be misconstrued as an NV (especially when it’s sort of assumed anyway).

You know what else really grinds my gears? Cindy Crawford looks EXACTLY THE SAME AS SHE DID IN THE 80S. This was brought to my attention by a Yahoo News story. How is that possible?? Honestly. Actually, I’m not even angry, I’m impressed.


Ok, evidently I don’t really have anything that’s upsetting me right now, so I’ll continue with what’s grinding my gears in later posts.

I went to the bike shop the other day and holy hell, this trip is going to be expensive!! To the extent that Vic is apparently hoping she’ll find a bike shop that resembles a bowling alley so she can rent shoes. At this point I’m just hoping that B&B will supply a lot of it, even if it is damaging to my self-esteem (like the bibs). Better that than damaging to my fledgling savings.

While we’re on the topics of bank accounts and housing, the dreadful housing market is affecting everyone, including Eddie Murphy. Sorry, Donkey. At least it wasn’t your gumdrop buttons.

On a completely unrelated note, (and due to the fact that I haven’t put in a Family Guy clip yet,) I nearly hit two deer while driving (on separate occasions) this past week. WTF. Does my car look deer-friendly because it’s so old and brittle that it would completely absorb the deer’s impact? I’m a nature lover, but I don’t love nature totaling my car. They need to cut that crap out, my breaks aren’t functional enough to continue stopping in time. If you’re wondering why I’m not including this in the above rant, it’s because I would prefer not jinxing my rubbish car with the above terminology.

No comments:

Post a Comment